The Phelps County Board has entered into a partnership with the Missouri Department of Mental Health (DMH) to provide Service Coordination to disabled consumers in Phelps County, Service Coordinator's are responsible for ensuring individuals whom receive supports have access to and receive services that meet their individual needs. These are accomplished by formulating a Personal Plan, informing the consumer of available services and linking the consumer to needed services provided by agencies in the community. In addition, the Service Coordinator acts as an advocate for the consumers by encouraging them to exercise their rights and make their voice heard for improvements or changes. We also assist families with school age children by providing advocacy services for IEP's.
Service Coordinators have proven to be an invaluable asset to our developmentally disabled citizens in helping them access all available services.
Working with various community agencies and linking persons with Developmental Disabilities to needed Services:
* Adaptive Equipment Companies * Vocational Rehabilitation *
* Sheltered Workshop * Community Partnership * Phelps County Recreation *
* Pathways * People First * Children's Division *
Rolla Regional Office:
* Intake Program * The Loan Zone * Behavioral Resource Team *
* Resource Library * Trainings on Disabilities *