To apply for admission to the programs provided or supported by The Phelps County Board, a person must:
- Be a resident of Phelps County
- Be deemed eligible as a person with a developmental disability by the Missouri Division of Developmental Disabilities.
- Individuals shall be considered for services without regards to race, sex, religion, national origin, age ancestry or political affiliation.
What is a Developmental Disability ?
The state of Missouri defines a Developmental Disability as:
Mental retardation, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, head injury or autism, or a learning disability related to a brain dysfunction; or any other mental or physical impairments, or combination of mental or physical impairments; and is manifested before the person attains age twenty-two; is likely to continue indefinitely; and results in substantial functional limitations in two or more of the following areas of major life activities:
- Self Care
- Receptive and Expressive Language Development and Use
- Self Direction
- Capacity for Independent Living or Economic Self-Sufficiency
- And reflects the person's need for a combination and sequence of special, interdisciplinary, or generic care, habilitation or other services which may be of lifelong or extended duration and are individually planned and coordinated.